Parliament Agenda: ECR Priorities for the week of 7 Oct. 2013
Jennifer Baker is joined by James Holtum, spokesperson for the ECR Group, to discuss this week’s European Parliament agenda in the latest issue of PreviEUws.
Topics discussed include:
– Tobacco Products Directive: encouraging the use of electronic alternatives to smoking but not as medical products
– Recognition of Professional Qualifications: making it easier for professionals to work in every EU Member State
– NSA/SWIFT scandal: any decision on the Terrorist Finance Tracking Programme (TFTP) should be a calm and rational one
– Recreational craft and personal watercraft: harmonizing Member State legislation in the name of safety and the environment
– Sakharov Prize: the Foreign Affairs and Development committee’s choice of three finalists