Brussels Briefing on Energy: All you need to know for the month of September 2013
In this latest Brussels Briefing on Energy, leading energy journalist Hughes Belin provides an overview of the latest developments in the field of EU energy policy.
– ITER Ministerial Meeting: accelerating the construction of the experimental thermonuclear reactor, reaching operational capacity by 2020
– The Internal Energy Market Package
– Connecting the EU electricity market
– The 2030 Climate & Energy Framework (greenhouse gas emissions, renewables and energy efficiency targets)
– Coming up: EU-OPEC Ministerial meeting and the EU Refining Forum in November, 12 December Energy Council
Featuring statements by: Edmund Synakowski, Associate Director of Science at Fusion Energy Sciences, U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, USA and Günther Oettinger, Commissioner for Energy, European Commission