5 toughest questions faced by Jonathan Hill (Financial & Capital Markets) – Hearings of Juncker Commission
Jonathan Hill – Commissioner-designate for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union (nominated by the United Kingdom) – had to answer a number of difficult questions during his hearing by the European Parliament’s Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) on 1 October. Hill’s answers to these 5 toughest questions reveal best how he managed to handle the parliamentary grilling:
– Will you propose an European Union initiative on common guarantee of deposits by 2015?
– Have you done and will you do anything to strengthen the EU-United Kingdom relationship?
– Which one is your master now – the Queen or the EU?
– Can you be responsible for financial stability and capital markets union when corporate governance and social responsibility are not in your portfolio?
– Concretely, what are you planning to do?