5 toughest questions faced by Andrus Ansip (Digital Single Market) – Hearings of Juncker Commission
Andrus Ansip – Commissioner-designate for the Digital Single Market (nominated by Estonia) – had to answer a number of difficult questions during his hearing by the European Parliament’s Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection (IMCO) on 6 October. Ansip’s answers to these 5 toughest questions reveal best how he managed to handle the parliamentary grilling:
– How will you get Council consensus for the NIS cybersecurity directive?
– How will you revise our relationship with third countries to protect EU citizens’ rights?
– Will you commit to an online dialogue with citizens on the future of the Internet before the Parliament vote on the Juncker Commission?
– How, in practical terms, will you work with Oettinger and Jourova?
– Do you believe that the right to be forgotten is a right for all or the privileged few?