Jonathan Hill’s second hearing: 5 toughest questions on Financial Services & Capital Markets
Jonathan Hill – Commissioner-designate for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union (nominated by the United Kingdom) – was summoned by the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) for a second hearing on 7 October, as MEPs were dissatisfied with his answers during the first examination. Hill’s answers to these 5 toughest questions reveal best how he managed to handle his second parliamentary grilling:
– Can you confirm that you will not bring a proposal on common guarantee of deposits before 2019?
– How can we trust you to do this job taking into account your past lobbying activities?
– Do you confirm your prediction that the British people will say YES to a referendum on the United Kingdom membership of the European Union?
– On securitisation, what is your golden rule in terms of separating the grain from the chaff?
– What are your 3 top priorities?