Brussels Briefing on Environment – All you need to know for November 2014
In this latest Brussels Briefing on Environment leading environment journalist Sonja van Renssen provides an overview of the latest EU environment policy developments.
All you need to know about:
– The new Commission takes office on 3 November; 1st Vice President Timmermans will cover sustainable development
– EU leaders agreed on 2030 climate and energy targets
– Upcoming UN climate talks in Lima after talks in Bonn failed to deliver
– The future of the EU ETS, now that heads of state have endorsed a new “market stability reserve” Parliament will start working on the issue immediately
– During the Environment Council meeting on 28 October, Ministers expressed concerns about new recycling targets
What is coming up:
– CO2 emissions from shipping; plastic bags; transport; biofuels & indirect land-use change; fuel quality and biodiversity
Featuring statements by: Connie Hedegaard, outgoing Commissioner for Climate Action, and Janez Potočnik, outgoing Environment Commissioner.